antet ajts
  • Paltinis c Marius Miclea
  • Sibiu c Gabriela Oancea
  • Sibiu Eurorando2021 c Mihai Vasile
  • Teracota Medias c Stefan Vartolomei

The fortified church from Avrig

Fortified Church
balea-c-grigore-alexandru-1-r

Locality

Avrig

Address

str. Gheorghe Lazăr, nr. 12

Mobile phone no.:

+4 0743 765 412
    
Mail icon E-mail

In the 13th century, the Saxon colonists arrived around Avrig built a small Romanesque basilica on the spot of today’s evangelical church. Around the 15th century, following the whole process to reconstruct and fortify the Transylvanian churches, the church in Avrig was also strengthened with ramparts and turned into a hall church.

Due to these modifications, the church got several elements of very different architectural styles: a Romanesque portal, gothic sculptures, and baroque interiors.

In 1770, the Baron Samuel von Brukenthal who was building his summer residence in its immediate neighbourhood donated it a clock which is still operational today.

Facilities:

checkbox Car Parking

Program:

 There are no visiting hours, please call the contact person in time so he can come and open the church. Thank you!

Altitudine: 385m.
Coordonate GPS: 45.73 N, 24.38 E

Map location

  • accomodation
  • food
  • club and pub
  • event
Accommodation
Locality
Type
Classification
Search
 
Locality
Type
Search
 
Locality
Type
Search
Highlight events
Locality
Type
Duration:
-
Search
Follow Us