+4 0269 531 358
Mobile phone no.:
+4 0723 828 864
The church was built in 1766 of fir wood with a stone foundation and shingles roof. It is shaped as a sailing vessel in the byzantine style and it houses extremely valuable worship items: old books, wooden icons and glass icons.
In 1916, in the tumult of the Second World War battles, the Austro-Hungarian troops took the old bells of the church to melt them and turn them into weapons. They say that the curses of the village inhabitants who had been left without their bells have finally reached the Austro-Hungarian armies who were defeated in the end.
To visit the church, please contact the local priest.