antet ajts
  • Paltinis c Marius Miclea
  • Sibiu c Gabriela Oancea
  • Sibiu Eurorando2021 c Mihai Vasile
  • Teracota Medias c Stefan Vartolomei

The fortified church from Bazna

Fortified Church
bazna-c-rbernetic-r

Locality

Bazna

websiteE-mail

websiteWebsite

Address

str. Aurel Vlaicu, nr. 2

Mobile phone no.:

+4 0742 319 267
    
Mail icon E-mail

The church was built in the 15th century by the local Saxon community. A century later, it was fortified by adding a precinct wall and the defence towers.

After the 1300s, Bazna was taken over by the Mediaş Seat as a free village, as certified by the documents from those days. In the choir the church still hosts a 1504 tabernacle with a representation of Jesus. A not so common feature is that the belfry which also operates as a gate tower still hosts three bells from the 14th - 15th century. Many bells of the Saxon fortified churches were melted during the First World War to make warfare equipment. The ones from Bazna are among the very few which “escaped” melting.

Facilities:

checkbox Car Parking

checkbox Belvedere

Program:

 

There are no visiting hours, so please call the contact person in time for he to come and open the church. Thank you!

Useful information

...Bazna is also a spa resort.

  • accomodation
  • food
  • club and pub
  • event
Accommodation
Locality
Type
Classification
Search
 
Locality
Type
Search
 
Locality
Type
Search
Highlight events
Locality
Type
Duration:
-
Search
Follow Us