str. Aurel Vlaicu, nr. 2
Mobile phone no.:
+4 0742 319 267
The church was built in the 15th century by the local Saxon community. A century later, it was fortified by adding a precinct wall and the defence towers.
After the 1300s, Bazna was taken over by the Mediaş Seat as a free village, as certified by the documents from those days. In the choir the church still hosts a 1504 tabernacle with a representation of Jesus. A not so common feature is that the belfry which also operates as a gate tower still hosts three bells from the 14th - 15th century. Many bells of the Saxon fortified churches were melted during the First World War to make warfare equipment. The ones from Bazna are among the very few which “escaped” melting.
...Bazna is also a spa resort.
Coordonate GPS: 46.20 N, 24.27 E