Mobile phone no.:
+4 0747 113 756
They say that where the new church was built there used to be an even older church built in 1202. In the 18th century the orthodox church of Gura Râului was turned into a Greek-catholic church and many locals were forced to embrace the new united religion.
Not much is known about the church builders and the documents do not mention any painter. But even if their names remain anonymous, their work is still impressive. The tourist will notice the three exterior frescoes on the northern church wall as well as the one from the nave which, in spite of the difficult conditions, has lasted over two centuries.