+4 0269 521 571
Mobile phone no.:
+4 0747 854 037
At the beginning it was just a small wooden church. In the 19th century, the number of believers had grown significantly and the small church had become too cramped. Thus, in 1821 the locals from Cârţişoara managed to erect a more glorious church built of river rocks.
The mural painting was done by one of the most famous painters of those times, Nicolae Grecu of the Grecu family of painters. His characters are dynamic and quaint, depending on the scenes and the placement of the icons and they impersonate moralistic characters.
One of the main attractions of the church is the meticulously crafted wooden entry door which has been preserved since the consecration of the church.
Coordonate GPS: 45.73 N, 24.57 E