str. Principală, nr. 195
+4 0269 709 474
Stejărişu has always been a small village whose locals have been on a constant flee from floods.
The first church of the village was placed beyond the Hârtibaci river, to the north. In 1867 they uncovered the foundations of the old church but its stones were used to repair the road and in the end they vanished.
Upon its fortification around the 1500s, at its western end they built one of those massive stone towers erected about the same time in the neighbouring villages - Ruja, Iacobeni, Netuş, Movile, Noiştat.
In 1860, the interior precinct was demolished when the church was rebuilt and the construction material was used to make the church bigger. In consequence, the north-eastern tower which was part of the interior precinct is today completely isolated at only one meter from the church.
For further details, please go to: www.fundatia-au-ro.org.
Did you know...?
At the first level of the keep there used to be a well, supplied with water from a spring under the tower. Because of this, the soil collapsed, the tower tilted and the bells were moved to the defence tower.
Coordonate GPS: 46.03 N, 24.67 E