str. Gheorghe Lazăr, nr. 12
Mobile phone no.:
+4 0743 765 412
In the 13th century, the Saxon colonists arrived around Avrig built a small Romanesque basilica on the spot of today’s evangelical church. Around the 15th century, following the whole process to reconstruct and fortify the Transylvanian churches, the church in Avrig was also strengthened with ramparts and turned into a hall church.
Due to these modifications, the church got several elements of very different architectural styles: a Romanesque portal, gothic sculptures, and baroque interiors.
In 1770, the Baron Samuel von Brukenthal who was building his summer residence in its immediate neighbourhood donated it a clock which is still operational today.
Coordonate GPS: 45.73 N, 24.38 E