str. E.A.Bielz, nr. 62
+4 0269 228 865
Mobile phone no.:
+4 0727 792 803
1734... a group of immigrants arrives in Turnişor, Cristian and Apoldul de Sus, all villages around Sibiu. They call themselves landlers and came all the way from Higher Austria. Emperor Charles VI banished them because they were Lutherans and refused to return to Catholicism. Their punishment was terrible: their properties were confiscated and they were exiled far away, to Transylvania. After a hard, dangerous journey the group of landlers got to southern Transylvania.
They settled into small communities and started a new life. In 2007, the evangelical community of Sibiu inaugurated a museum dedicated to the landlers. The museum is in Turnişor which in the meantime has become a district of the city and it covers two floors. The first floor is dedicated to the landlers’ Christian life and the second takes us on a journey through their daily life.
Only with prior appointment by telephone: +4 0269 228 865
Coordonate GPS: 45.78 N, 24.11 E