+4 0269 862 141
Mobile phone no.:
+4 0744 624 776
In the 13th century, the first Saxon colonists arriving at Moşna built a small Romanesque basilica. Three centuries later, the fame of the settlement and especially the prosperity of its inhabitants made them build a much bigger church on the location of the basilica.
Thus, at the beginning of the 16th century, the old stone mason Andrea Lapicida together with his journeymen travellers set the basis of the most beautiful hall church from the Târnave region.
The church, although built in a late gothic style, still keeps some elements of the old basilica. As time went by and the Turkish attacks in Transylvania grew stronger, the church from Moşna was also surrounded by fortification walls. The works started in 1520 when they built the observation tower, two defence towers and two bastions. Then they built the 9 m high fortress wall surrounding the church.
Nowadays, the church is under rehabilitation and it shall be included in the UNESCO heritage.
For further details, please visit: www.biserici-fortificate.com.
Coordonate GPS: 46.09 N, 24.39 E